12 thoughts on “HiFiBerry Digi

1. Miki

Hello
    I find your Hifiberry very intersting and promising.
    I wondered if it is possible to have an input multiplexer on the hifi berry I2S. since i would like to be able to add other source like CD.
    Now I saw this project so i wonder if this board can be made as an input, converting SPDIF to I2S. This opens the possibility to stack the cards and maybe add a selector from the PI. this may in turn be an option in the control SW e.g. Volumio
    so
    is it possible to add multiplexing (3x spdtchip)?
    may it be an option for future hifiberry boards/
    same for an stackable spdif input to dac?

2. Daniel (HiFiBerry team)

Hi Miki,

these are interesting options. We might have an S/PDIF input connector on the Digi board (without an RCA or optical connector on the board). This gives the option to add external inputs. You could also design a board that features multiple inputs and a multiplexer. Nothing like that is planned yet, but it might be a project in the future.

3. Daniel Post author

The HiFiBerry Digi is still in the test phase. We expect to sell them in January 2014. We haven’t tested it yet, but it should work with Pi MusicBox, if it uses the normal ALSA sound subsystem.
    You can subscribe to out mailing list to get information, when it is available.

4. Jess

This looks like an excellent idea, however, wouldn’t it be better to offer the thing populated for optical OR co-ax OR both?

5. Daniel Post author

We though about it. But having 3 different version will increase complexity in production. We think, we can still offer a competitive price.

6. jess

I was under the impression that it was a partially assembled kit, if it is fully assembled, then my suggestion is not relevant.

(Only having the required connections, would make surgery to the case simpler too)

1. Daniel Post author

If you have subscribed to our mailing list, you will receive a mail about the availability soon.