It’s time for a big new project. It will be a Home Cinema. I have a 20m2 room in the basement that was specifically reserved for this use. There are 2 major use cases for this room
- Watching movies and TV shows
- Flight simulator training and racing simulations
- optimised room acoustics
- Frequency range (-3dB) 25-20.000Hz
- Dolby Atmos and DTS/X capability
- 4k video playback
Room acoustics is usually a problem in normal living rooms. I’ve seen a lot of people using expensive equipment in rooms with all kinds of acoustical problems. There are 2 reasons:
- Many people don’t know enough about room acoustics or they don’t care.
- Acoustics optimisations often aren’t looking nice.
I can completely agree with people that don’t optimise their room acoustics because it looks ugly. It doesn’t help to have a really great sound, but you don’t want to live in this room anymore. Luckily that’s not the problem here, as the room will be exclusively used as a cinema.